Background

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Throw this in mama's recipe book

"Don't laugh at a youth for her affections; she is only trying on one face after another to find a face of her own."
-Logan Pearsall Smith


Sometimes I want to believe that I've arrived. That I'm 'there' and I've 'made it'.
After all, isn't 24[ish] where we looked forward to as being grown-up finally? Where you no longer have to be looked down on or 'bless your heart'-ed...where stuff just works finally? 
Err, wrong.

Yes, fake it 'til you make it will still continue to be my motto but I also realize I need to cut myself some slack-even when other's won't.  You're never going to be this or that enough, there is always going to be something you have yet to learn or an experience someone else had before you got the chance. This is actually exciting because it means I'm not dead yet.
woo hoo!
I'm young but not naive and life is happening each and every day. Just let it man. 

My life is being orchestrated perfectly (big ups to The Big Man, doing an excellent job even though I whine through a lot of it) and my wisdom will come. He's only giving me what I can handle, small doses of smarts at a time so as not to OD.

I'm still being mixed and simmered and spiced to taste. Let me marinate because it's going to get even better.




-Tiana
I'm just a girl and I don't need cooking lessons, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment