Background

Monday, January 2, 2012

My Apologies for Being a Negligent Blogger


Hello Lovelies and happy day two of this new year!

Don't worry, this blog isn't a new years resolution that I made and will negate after two weeks like the usual suspects tend to do. I'm going to make an honest effort to contribute to this scribe more frequently. ;)
So these past couple days I've been hearing and seeing all these proclamations of resolutions for the new year from different people. Then, I finally talked to my favorite new found realist ( Tiana)and she said "I'm kind of...not effected this year. Same shit just a different toilet." Haha, and as many times as I've heard that euphemism before, it never was more accurate or appropriate for my new found realization.
Resolutions end up being broken promises and declarations we want the world to know we want change about ourselves. Honestly, I can be guilty of saying things about myself I want to change and never fully following through. But after reflecting back on the shit show roller coaster ride of feelings and emotions of this year, I thought back to Tiana's lovely analogy and decided - I just need to "FLUSH THE DAMN TOILET.
I started off 2011 by falling then picking myself back up, then meeting a new boy, but he turned out not to be the prize pig. And I ended the year by falling for that friend whose been there the whole time, but ended up not being his first choice. So now I've decided I want to put a stop to being effected by all this crap (no pun intended) and just mush forward.
I've always been the type to be a brat when it came to relationships and not letting feelings get the best of me. But in the end when they do catch up to me, it hurts a little bit more...shocker! So I guess what this post comes down to is, new years resolutions are whack, but honest self betterment at anytime is wonderful. I've always been comfortable with my own company, and now It's time to just go back to that and take everything day by day- And I think that's my first glass half full idea to share with you beauties for 2012.

Toodaloo from,

The Girl Who Just Wants to Be Proved Wrong...


1 comment:

  1. FLUSH AWAY GIRL!!

    I need to get a couple pumps of the 'ol flusher in myself so cheers to moving forward, positivity, and a new year to keep working on our fabulousity ;)

    ReplyDelete